Today is World Read-Aloud Day!
Celebrated on the first Wednesday in February, it’s a global literacy initiative that encourages adults and children from around the world to celebrate the power of reading aloud and share stories with one another.
Here are a few quick ways to celebrate World Read-Aloud Day with your family, friends, and community.
1. Host a virtual read-aloud. Have friends and family join in from all over the world and read aloud from a book of your choosing.
2. Start a virtual book club. Invite friends and family to read the same book together and then come together for a virtual discussion.
3. Visit a local library and read aloud to children. This is a great way to spread the joy of reading and to get children excited about books.
4. Donate books to a school or library. This is a great way to help support literacy and encourage reading.
5. Follow the hashtag #worldreadaloudday on social media and share your favorite books or quotes from books.
6. Make a list of books to read in the next year and start working your way through it.
7. Share your love of reading by recommending books to friends and family.
Make sure to visit the World Read Aloud Day hub page at LitWorld.
I used AI to create this post.