December 21st is a National Short Story Day!
Short stories have many benefits that make them a great read in the digital times.
One clear benefit: they are short. And “short” doesn’t only mean the number of words or characters. It also means the fast pace, the single-minded plot, and the concise form.
What are the main benefits of short stories?
1. A certainty you’ll read the entire piece
2. A pleasure of finishing a story
3. An incentive to reach for the next read
4. A convenient way to try new genres and authors
5. A great read between the novels
6. A way to bring back the habit of daily reading
Short stories may be the most effective tool for a revival of reading in the digital age.
Full article: 6 reasons why you should start reading short stories