Mental fitness is just as important as the physical one.
You don’t have to train your mind and body separately. Below, you will find common workouts that include reading a book.
I have taken these images from an infographic created by Adidas, to let you focus on one workout at a time.
Do these bookish workouts every day, and you may find time and energy for plenty of other things!
You can learn more about the workouts at What Is That Book About blog.
Literature leg raises
1. Lie down on your back with your book held in both hands.
2. Keep your legs straight and lift them toward the ceiling.
3. Slowly bring your legs back down while keeping your core engaged.
Wordy wall sit
1. Begin standing with your back against the wall and legs.
2. Hold your book with both hands in you while you get in the front of proper position.
3. Slowly slide your back down the wall until you’re in a seated position.
4. Keep your back flat against the wall and hold for 1 minute or until you’ve read 1 to 2 pages.
Stationary book bike
1. Place your book on the stationary bike or hold it in your hands.
2. Start pedaling.
3. Pedal for 30 minutes, or make a goal to stop after you’ve read a certain number of pages.
Trilogy treadmill walk
1. Place your book on the treadmill.
2. Start walking at a manageable speed.
3. For added intensity, increase the incline level on the treadmill.
4. Walk for 30 minutes, or make a goal to stop after you’ve read a certain number of pages.
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, back straight and core engaged.
2. With your book in one hand, step forward bending both knees until your back knee is almost touching the floor.
3. Stand up and repeat the movement on the opposite leg.
4. Continue to alternate legs until you complete your set goal.
Page turner planks
1. Begin in a push-up position with your book on the floor, then lower yourself onto your forearms.
2. Tighten and engage your abs and core.
3. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds, or make a goal to stop after you’ve read a certain number of pages.
Side-lying leg lifts
1. Begin by lying on your right side, using your right arm to support your head.
2. Place your left arm on your floor for extra support.
3. Lift your left leg up, then back down to meet the other leg.
4. Repeat for 10 reps or 2 pages, then switch and repeat on the other leg.
Via: 7 workouts to do while reading a good book (infographic)
One Reply to “7 bookish workouts to do every day (visuals)”
Wow, I didn’t know you could do exercise and read a book at the same time. Great exercise.
I still prefer reading relaxed though.
LikeLiked by 1 person